CarNext.com acquires tech platform AutoManager
TO ENABLE ANY CAR, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE ACROSS EUROPE
Amsterdam – 18 July 2019: CarNext.com, a pan-European digital marketplace for high-quality used cars, today announced that it has acquired AutoManager, further enabling CarNext.com to create a cross-border marketplace for high-quality used cars and third-party suppliers in 23 European countries.
AutoManager is a technology company that has developed a propriety digital vehicle management platform, enabling seamless online vehicle remarketing. The platform automates the complex processes for vehicle onboarding onto the CarNext.com marketplace simply using a Vehicle Identification Number (VIN).
The platform also provides CarNext.com with instant insight into all the vehicles in its marketplace, including their unique specifications. This further enables CarNext.com to offer its customers not just vehicles from their local market, but from all of the 23 European countries CarNext.com operates in.
In addition, the technology will enable CarNext.com to further enhance the services it offers to its growing network of third-party suppliers, providing them with full transparency on vehicle pricing, channel selection and stock management.
Ewout van Jarwaarde, CEO CarNext.com said:
“CarNext.com is committed to providing our customers with the ability to select any high-quality used car across Europe. By acquiring AutoManager, we now have full visibility into vehicle supply and demand across our operations, which means we can offer our customers not just a great selection of cars from their local market but from all of the 23 European countries we operate in. In addition, the AutoManager technology provides our rapidly growing third-party supplier network with a seamless experience and full transparency on what’s happening with their vehicles across our pan-European platform. This will further underpin our position as the leading marketplace for high-quality used cars and enable us to deliver any car, anytime, anywhere in Europe.”
Maarten Bekkers, General Manager AutoManager said:
“We built AutoManager to bring transparency and simplicity to what is an incredibly fragmented and complicated used car market. Becoming part of CarNext.com will enable us to continue to develop our technology platform and improve the experience for everyone in the used car value chain – whether that’s customers, suppliers or retailers.”
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
- AutoManager is a technology company that has developed a propriety digital vehicle management platform, enabling seamless online vehicle remarketing
- AutoManager’s technology provides visibility on vehicle data, pricing and location, enabling the streamlining of the vehicle sales process. CarNext.com already uses AutoManager technology within its operations
- CarNext.com has B2C operations in 23 European countries (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and the United Kingdom)
- AutoManager personnel will become part of the CarNext.com management structure, with Maarten Bekkers, General Manager AutoManager, reporting directly to CarNext.com’s Chief Product & Marketing Officer
- The terms of the acquisition have not been disclosed
Harmen van der Molen
Tel.: +31 6 5073 2424
CarNext.com is a pan-European digital marketplace for high-quality used cars, seamlessly delivering any car, anytime, anywhere. CarNext.com is a two-sided marketplace operating a B2C platform where consumers can buy, lease or subscribe to a wide range of high-quality used cars. CarNext.com also operates a B2B online auction platform for professional buyers operating in 30 countries, supported by a Trader app. In addition, it offers extensive ancillary services, available online and through a network of Delivery Stores in 23 European countries. All cars on CarNext.com are supplied by LeasePlan, the world’s leading Car-as-a-Service company, as well as trusted third-party suppliers.